Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Israel---tues.

Shalom:
We are having a wonderful experience. We started the day by boarding an ancient-style boat for a time of worship on the Sea of Galilee. It was a very emotional and spiritual time for all of us on the trip. Then we saw an ancient Galileean boat that was found on the bottom of the Sea that was in existance at the time of Christ. They keep us hopping! We traveled in the motorcoach to the Mount of Beatitudes where Christ delivered one of His most powerful teachings; then to Chorazin to see the city ruins. Next, we went to Capernaum where many witnessed so many of Jesus' miracles. Our last trip for the day was to the Jordan River where Mark and I were both baptized along with Phillip and Debbie and others from our group. It was an equally emotional and spiritual time as was the beginning of the day.
Wednesday: Talk about new insights! We were actually sitting on the original steps in the City of Dan where King Jeroboam made sacrifices! They are continually excavating here and finding artifacts all the time. We drove by the Damascus Road where Paul was converted and on to Caesarea Philippi where Peter confessed, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."
We traveled to the Golan Heights (strategically located between Israel and Syria) and from that vantage point, we were able to look over into Lebanon. We were able to go into a bunker that Israeli troops occupied in previous wars and learned a lot of history about the struggles with Syria and Lebanon.
Each day has been great, and we only hope we can "store" in our minds everything we have experienced. On Thursday we are moving to a new location and we are unsure about internet capabilities. If you don't here from us, that is why.
Love and prayers to all, Mark and Darlene

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Mom gave me the link to your blog so I could "experience" it too! Sounds fascinating. A must see on my bucket list! I pray you guys have the time of your lives, experience the awesome history and feel and know His presence there! Thanks for sharing!
    Debbie Neese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm so glad you are both having a wonderful time. Don't forget to take a lot of pictures to show us when you get back. We are praying for your health and safety while you are over there. The trip sounds amazing and I hope you are having a great time. Everything is going great here and I can't wait to see you both.
    I love you!!!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I can only imagine!
    When I read your blog to Jordan and was telling her about Mark taking a "dip" in the Meditteranean she asked if he would get to swim in the Jordan River and I told her I didn't know. She is going to be so excited when I tell her you were baptized in the Jordan! I am so glad you are having such a blessed time. The two of you so deserve this experience the Lord has provided. God has provided you with great knowledge and leadership skills that has helped Jeff and I tremendously and we are so thankful for you. Again, you deserve this great experience and I can't wait to hear more. p.s. Jordan also said if Mark does everything people dares him to do that she is going to dare him to eat worms when he gets back.
    We love you guys.
    Praying for you - Jeff & Leslie

    ReplyDelete