Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

Ready to do this!

After 40 hours of traveling (including the out of control Delhi airport) we finaly made it to India! We had pretty good travels. Amazingly by the grace of God EVERYONES luggage made it except for one guitar which we went and picked up tonight. It is midnight on Friday and jet lag in finally kicking in. Today was our first full day here, and I am soaking it all in. My team is amazing and we work so well together, which you have already heard and I am sure you will hear again. I am going to give you names and gifts so you can pray over us individually if you like. It is always great and I am sure we need it.
Ted- guitar and lead vocals
Amber-lead vocals
April-guitar & vocals
Ross- Percussion & vocals
Josie- keys
Omar- photographer & design
Wes- techi

At training we REALLY got to know each other well.. I seriously think I know these people better then most people I know back home and they know more about me then most people as well but that is so important. We hide NOTHING, which is how I think it needs to be esp. since we are all living together for 2 months.
Today we went to a mall here in the city and I am getting used to the driving... It is very intense! This city has around 10 million people!!!! And the weather is GREAT! We are staying in a guesthouse at a baptist hospital and it is so much more then I could ever have dreamed. God has totally blessed us. They are treating us like we are famous! I have a feeling Malaysia is going to be a way different story though.
Anyway tomorrow starts our shows. We have two main streams tomorrow, and a show everyday but two for the next two weeks after that. We met a guy called the Rock Priest who is Great. He is the one who actually got us all the shows. We're doing lots of churches, and cafes and some pretty cool venues I am so excited! and still in awe that God has let me come here. I would love to write more because there is so much to tell but I am falling asleep typing this. Love you all and thank you so much for you thoughts and prayers! The prayers are at work everyday and I love reading your blogs! They are such a lifter.
Please remember I am here for Christ. He is already revealing himself to me and show me that HE is in control. I am in a third world country, though i am safe it gets pretty intense on the streets at times. But God has control!
"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart I have overcome the world!"
John 16:33
How awesome is that!

Love you all!
Amber

3 comments:

  1. Amber,
    I have waited not so patiently for you to blog after you arrived just to be reassured you are OK - I try to picture what you are telling us in my mind and it is so exciting to hear what you all are doing. God is just....AWESOME. I pray for great things to happen.
    Love you - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,
    Sounds exciting! I can't wait to hear how your shows are going. I'll be praying for God to use you and your group in a powerful way.
    "We are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago" Ephesians 2:10.
    Have you figured out the beautiful feet comment yet? Keep praising God and be careful.
    Love, Aunt Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber,
    I am so excited for you! I have no doubt that God has and will continue to do awesome things in and through each of you! We are praying for you often. Keep us updated...
    Mike

    ReplyDelete