Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Declaring His Name

Okay, so I know I just wrote yesterday morning but yesterday was such a packed day I had to write about it and share it with you. God is GREAT! Thank you Lord for always knowing what we need when we need it. Thank you for putting us where you want us.
So Yesterday after classes Melissa, April, and I took bikeshaws (the Malaysian version of a Indian rickshaw) to the mall to get away. Classes were overbearing yesterday so we just needed a little time to ourselves.
After getting back I went to my room to and got a book to read. I am reading a book called "Don't waste your life" by John Piper which has turned out to be extremely appropriate for this trip and everything life has to offer right now. While I was reading a girl came over and started talking to me. The conversation started out like many before and ending up in a remarkable place. She is buddhist so we were talking about he temple. I went on to ask her about Buddhism and some of the things that they do and believe. She started by saying that there were lots of things they had to memorize and practice and the she didn't like it. (Here whatever religion your parents are that is what you are, even if you know nothing about it. So even when kids here say they are Christian they might not have a clue what that means.) She then said this... "I like Christian better the Buddhist". I went on to ask her if she even knew what Christian meant and she said no but she knew that we had more freedom. I asked her if she wanted to know more about it and what I believed as a christian. Her answer was not just a sure but an emphatic YES!!! I was blown away by her enthusiasm and the huge door God had just opened! This girl was craving to know what I was about and why it looked so much different then what she has always known. We went on talking for a while and the conversation had to come to an end for manditory study hall. BUT she want to know more she wants to talk to the other women on my team about what they believe and what this all means to us.
I just sat there in awe of what had just happened. What had just happened is why I came on this trip. Even if there isn't another conversation or another time where God works through me to her, That moment was worth this entire trip. God is amazing! I just sat and talked with a 16 year old Buddhist about My God for an hour.
So I write you this not only to tell you about the awesomeness of God but to ask you to pray for this girl. I am not at liberty to give you names for their safety but please pray that God will move in them. I also ask you to pray for us that are going to be talking to them more about Christ and our relationship. That the light of God will shine down through what we say, do, and think. That those times will be divine appointments for the Holy Spirit to move.

Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!...Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns."
Psalm 96:3,10


Blessings,
Amber

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What an awesome opportunity God has given you. Keep strong and depend on Him for your every word and He will give you strength and lots of open doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,
    Agree with Ruth WOW!! What God has put before you is so great. Keep trusting Him each day.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I'll say WOW with loc (think about me and you'll figure that out). I've been missing in action so I had a lot of blogs to read. I am so amazed at how the three of you are letting God use you. If only we "older" adults would be so willing.
    Let the Light of God continue to shine through you!
    Love Aunt Marsha
    PS You have a new cousin - he's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber,
    I just read your new post and it sounds like you are accomplishing what God had planned for you. Take care
    Aunt Kathie

    ReplyDelete