Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day #9

Crow Agency is a place of life. To me, it’s always been a place of learning and growing, and it has been no different this week. With daily devotionals, speakers who have met with God, and lots of projects to get done, this was a week to truly learn and understand the ways of God and servanthood.
On Wednesday, we started working on a deck for one the buildings near the church, and I was really excited to be a part of it. We worked for 1 ½ days on it and we finally got it done. As I looked at that little piece of architecture, I had pride in what I had accomplished. I remembered when it was random pieces of wood, but after we had cut there, nailed there, measured here, it all came together into an amazing structure.
And as I thought of these things, I thought about the way God looks at us, and I wondered if he ever looked at me and had pride. He has done an amazing thing in my life, because I was without focus or direction, just a random piece of piece. But after he measured me, cut me, and nailed me into place, I have life abundant and new. For that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment