Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Day 3 | Bill Morlan

I’m sure that you have already read this, but the heat index today was 115 degrees. At the hottest part of the day, Eric and I were eye level with the roof taking off siding on a house we started at today. To say the least, it was hot! Come to Texas Eric said, it will be fun! It was a great day of work and we did get a lot done. We started a new house that has not had anything done to it yet. So we tore off the back porch which had a roof on it, the porch was rotted away. It didn’t take much to tear it down. Then we took the siding off of the back of the house because we are to put new windows and siding on it. I don’t know how far we will get in the 2 days we have left but we will hit it as hard as we can. Each day I come up with new songs that describe what we are doing and I add all the names of our group to the songs. I have came with with some real good songs. But today we worked at a house where we had to be as quiet as possible as we tore the house apart. The grand daughter of the home owner is autistic and noises and new things upset her. We got to meet her today and she gave us high fives as her grandmother introduced her to us so she wouldn’t be as scared. So today I guess I was put in Samaritans Purse timeout. Most of us “ AARP group” are pretty tired from the heat and are just sitting around. The youth are outside playing volleyball, man have things changed. It’s hard to believe that the week is almost done and there is still so much more to do. It’s time for this old guy to relax. Love you Bron, boys and my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment