Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Day 4 | Mickey Skeens

Work day number 4 of our mission trip here in South Texas. It was another beautiful and hot day; my group went back to Ida’s house and Jordan and Camylle became Vinyl floor experts today. They along with the crew leader Carl laid all but 3 rows of the flooring. They did a great job in doing it. Polly and Michelle did the cutting for the girls, Heath, Gary and I painted and put up moldings around the windows and door frames. Hopefully we can finish this house tomorrow and move on to the next. On a different note, I have been leading the bible studies in the evenings and last night I challenged the youth and asked if one of them would step up. During breakfast, each morning we have devotions and the adults have lead each of them so far. I ask if one of them would lead on Thursday morning, and if anyone of them would come see me after bible study. Riley came to me and said that she would do it. This morning she shared and lead us in scripture from I Peter. She did an awesome job and I could not be more proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment