Pages

Monday, June 17, 2019

Day 1 | Logan Morlan

Today was day one of actual work and I’d have to say that it went very well for our group. We went to a house that was down by the bay (there were no watermelons growing there my childhood was a lie) and we worked for a man we called cowboy. His story was very crazy he had moved into that home three years ago just before the storm and while the storm was on its way he had thought about staying and trying to stick it out but then the cops showed up and informed him to write his social security number on his arm because they would need a way to identify the body. He chose to leave after that. He went to Austin and a few days later he saw his house on TV and couldn’t believe what had happened. He later found out that people were using a picture of his house to run scams to several different agencies. He had a lot to talk about and he said the even though he lost a lot he gained so much more through all the people he had gotten to meet. Another thing that happened today was the chaplains visited our site and one of them talked to me for about a good thirty minutes about God and salvation. He then tested me to see if I knew how to lead someone to christ, I passed his test and he began to tell everyone else that I had lead him to christ and how I should be wearing a chaplain shirt. I then gave him a hard time about how I thought that chaplains should be saved as a job requirement. I also found out why people don’t eat armadillos and wild boar this time of year and if you want to find out why then I guess you will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment