Pages

Monday, June 17, 2019

Day 1 | Becka Campbell

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog, this has been such a wonderful time so far. I’m thankful for the opportunity to serve God in way. I’m already missing my boys though! The van ride was very long; a few close calls but we made it safely! Today our first work day went well, we spent the day at the Garcia’s home. Their home is almost ready for them to move back in, so our task was the ‘punch list’. Lots of touch-ups, sweeping, painting, and cleaning up. I’m praying that their home will be finished soon so that they can come home. They are currently staying in Corpus Christi, about 30 minutes away, and the wife is disabled. She had a severe stroke five years ago and is unable to speak. She is able to sing! She is able to sing “hallelujah”. We have not had the chance to meet them, but I pray we will be able to this week. They sound like a really sweet couple. Mr. Garcia spends much of his time caring for his wife, their home is now equipped with wheelchair ramps. I’m looking forward to a good nights rest tonight! More adventures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment