Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 4 | Kelsie Tonkin

Hey everyone!!! I was a little taken back when we first got here by the idea of not having showers or electric, but then i realized that it is not about little things like that and that we will just have to make the best of what we have, which we have:) although the porter potties are a little disgusting. Today has been a pretty good day and after getting the hang of our job became a pretty productive day. I am in Eric's group with Allie, Tori, Tyler, Russell, and Logan. We are putting siding on Neal's trailer and it has been very time consuming because of the windows and cuts we have to make on the siding. The funnest part was when Allie, Tori and I put up a piece of siding completely by ourselves for the first time, it was hilarious. I enjoyed talking to Neal, he even taught me a new word in crow, shinik (not sure if that is spelled right), which means later because they don't ever use the word goodbye. We also learned that what we call underwear they call shorts and what we call shorts they call shorties :). It made by day when he gave me a real buffalo tooth from one he had killed a few years ago:). That will most definitely be my most favorite souvenir :). Miss everyone back at home, byeee!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment