Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 6 | Matt Bailey

Hola amigos! Today has been a great day here at the Crow Nation. I finally got to take a shower after four days of work. I felt soooooo amazing! I know this sounds cliche, but it really started make me think about God. Going without a shower for four days is gross, and I can barely stand it, but how many times do we not wash ourselves of sin and just go on with our lives? We know we have sin in our lives, but we don't take the time to wash ourselves in the Blood of the Lamb, and be made pure and whole. I want to crave his Holiness like I crave a hot shower. When I get to that point, then I will be where I want to be in Him.

Later today, Bill came up to me and gave me a project, something he has never really done before. I've been in charge of things like teaching, doing bible studies, being a counselor at Cowen, but doing construction work...well...that has never been my strong suit. He showed me the site, and explained the job to me, and I felt a bit overwhelmed. I went back to my room, laid on my mattress, and I was so nervous I would screw it up. But then I realized that I serve a God who can do anything, a God that moves mountains and makes the waves in the oceans. He feeds the starving, completes the broken, holds the frightened, destroys evil, and holds the entire cosmos in his hands. Surely he can but two boards together. And so I prayed that he would help me do this, and he gave me a peace to go and do it.

I went out to the site and looked at the job I had before me. I rallied Mary, Kelsie, and Drew to my side and we owned that job site. Everything went miraculously good! It was more work than we thought it was, but when we got done with the project, it was so amazing. God deserves all the credit for that job, because we did not have the ability or the knowledge to do that job.

You see, God doesn't need gifted people to do his work. He doesn't need carpenters, welders, farmers, trained musicians, doctors, lawyers, or any other special person to do his work. He just needs you. He just needs anybody who will say yes to him, and he will give them all the power that they need. Our potential lies completely in the power that Christ endows us with to do his work. And i assure you, if he wants you to do it, he'll make sure you get it done. Just believe, that's all the difference between ordinary and extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment