Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

New Mexico Blog 1

Hey Everybody!! Sorry that I took way to long to start this blog, I've just been one busy fella the past week!!! Anyways.. So last wednesday I took off from Yeager Airport with a final destination in Madison, Wisconsin. As soon as I landed and grabbed my luggage I was tossed in a car with 4 newly acquired friends, as of which we headed to a church camp called Camp Willerup. (which was where I received nine weeks of training.. in four days) Camp was where I met my New Mexico team in addition to all of the other teams that Next Step Ministries sends out nationwide. The four days we had in Willerup were full of Praise Team practices, construction team meeetings, and, bonding with our new friends. It was an awesome experience, all of us came together to prasie and worship our father. We became great friends in a short time!! My crew consists of nine people total, six guys, three girls. My position on the crew is deemed ' music assistant' which basically means I can do whatever I want. :D I do play the bass guitar and run all of the sound equipment and computer stuff. During the main part of the day I will be leading crews of students on the jobsites which will mainly consist of roofing. Since we are already in Crownpoint (it only took us 27 hours of driving ) we have already set up everything and have a slight idea as of how a work week with youth will be. But, with the Lords hand, this will all be a breeze!! I will post pictures & videos of beautiful New Mexico on Facebook and on this blog if possible. Please keep me and everyone on my crew in your daily prayers! God Bless!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment