Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 4 | Matt Bailey

Today has been totally awesome! We started the day out at 7, with breakfast, and then it was off to vbs. Logan was coordinating the whole thing, Bryson was teaching  bible study for the kids, and i led the puppet show. It's really amazing when you think about it. All three of us, Logan, Bryson, and myself all come from Godly families. Our families live for God, and the core values of their lives is to bring him glory, and look at the impact it has had on their kids. We are all playing a strong part in the ministries we are involved in. You might not think that being involved and going to church is important to your kids, but it is. It makes a difference.
I spent most of the rest of the day under all the cabins, putting girder beams in. Eladio and I were on our bellies, in the dark and grass. It was awesome!
Probably the greatest thing that happened all day was this little girl at VBS, she fell in some mud and got in on her hands. She was walking around, looking for somewhere to wipe it off. We didn't have any napkins or towels, so we were all looking around for what to do. And then I said, "Here, wipe on me" and she did. Both her dirty, little mud covered hands went onto my pants, leaving a huge streak of mud on my side, as she made herself pure. She looked at her hands afterwards, and she was so excited. I walked away and didn't think much about it until later.
It was when we were on our way to camp that God spoke to me. I looked down at my pants, and saw the smear of dirt that blotched my clean pants. And that was when I got it. What I did for that little girl was what Jesus did for me, what he did for all of us. I was a dirty, sinful, wretched, ugly, broken man, and Jesus saw my despair, and he said he to me "Here, wipe at on me. I'll take your sin. I'll take your sin, I'll take your dirtiness, I will take your brokenness" And its only because of Him that I have been made clean. Its only through him that I can be made whole, to be free from the chains, all the addictions and all the pain. He took my sin on, and gave his life for me.
When I realized that, I just started crying. It was the most amazing thing. God is so cool, and he is beyond any imagination. He is God, he is love, he is the love of my life, and I can't wait to be with him tomorrow. Praying for you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment