Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 6 | Russell Nuckles

This has quite possibly been the awesomest mission trip of my life. No showers, no bathrooms, no electricity. And i'm sleeping in a TP. All of which, when added to the atmosphere of a mission week, is turning out to be a terrific experience. Being removed from the normal comforts of life such as running water, cell phone service, etc., really makes you move past the usual everyday concerns about appearance and personal hygiene. The beauty and sheer size of this place shows the unlimited power of the Lord in a way I have never seen before. Anyone who has never seen a sunset on a place as flat as this is missing out on a spectacle unmatched.

As usual, we are already out of jobs, so we are trying to find things to do. In a remarkable turn of events last night, we got the wonderful opportunity to go put a herd of cows back into their proper field. And I thought I had gotten away from all that.

It's hard to believe that we have only one more day to work. This week has really flown by. I miss being home, but at the same time I will be sorry to leave this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment