Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 7 | Cassidy Dickens

Only a few minutes left before our last dinner in Montana, and I'm praying that God would choose to make the day a few hours longer just this once. Today was by far the best so far of all our days here, which is a huge statement in itself. We had college day this morning at VBS-- it was really great watching Logan, Tyler, Leandra, and Brian get to know all the awesome kids I've been lucky enough to spend my week with. Watching the kids as we all hugged goodbye and let them walk away made me realize something: a piece of my heart will always stay with them, here in Montana.
As if an amazing morning weren't enough, though, God blessed me again just a few minutes ago. Seven of us-- Logan Morlan, Tyler Morlan, Jarren Morlan, Jay Smallwood, Skye Taylor, David Hughes, Brian Gerwig, Russell Nuckles and myself-- decided to hike up to the very highest point on the mountain behind our camp. It wasn't easy (I had fallen in the creek twice within the first minute), but there are no words to describe what made it worth every ounce of effort. It never ceases to amazes me what a magnificent, awesome God we have. Every tree, every much appreciated gust of wind, every multicolored daisy, unnamed flower, rock cliff... It's all one huge reminder that there is absolutely nobody greater. His work, like his love for us, can't be duplicated or outdone, or even described. Just because the mission trip ends doesn't mean that God stops being amazing though; the memories, the realizations, the changes in heart...it will all follow us back home to Braxton.

No comments:

Post a Comment