Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 7 | Ashley Neff

Hello all, ashley here again, well today is the 7th day out on our grand adventure.... all in all its been a really great week. I love being here so much that i'm really sad to say goodbye to it all tomorrow. Last night was amazing because we had worship with little Kenny at the new church. It was wonderful to just sit with your close family and friends and sing out praises to the Lord. Kenny was amazing on the guitar... i mean he would just lead us into numerous songs and never stop playing. The church looked wonderful, the finished product was just a sight to see. Yesterday i went to a house to clean... i felt so humbled on the inside because i have more then this family had in the whole house... it just touched my heart to give back in a way that i know that they will appreciate it. The meals here at the camp have been really good, for not having the full kitchen setup the way the dinners come together is just amazing. I have made so many close friends since being out here... and i have come to know myself a lot more in the last few days.. i have pushed myself in ways i thought i never would. God has put me in situations that i have never been in and he has challenged me.. and for that I thank him so much. With this trip i have fully come to the conclusion that i want to go into mission work. My heart just beats with anticipation at the thought of my next mission trip... i just wish my mom could have been here to experience this wonderful trip with my sister and I. So have I been challenged in numerous ways... yes... but do I regret anything... NO!!!! I have come to the conclusion that i have not only gained numerous new friends but a family and i pray that we all stay as close as we are now... Stay good WV... we shall be home soon... and some of us if not all of us will be a changed person in the Lord. Love and miss everyone dearly!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment