Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day 6 | Michelle Shaver

Today we were back at the church throwing rocks. It was so much better than yesterday in the fact that it was not as hot. There was shade there and thankfully a breeze most of the day. My legs got a major workout yesterday and are a little sore. I found that sitting in the dirt pile instead of squatting helped. It also helped in getting me a bit dirtier. I thought my arms would be sore because some of those rocks were so heavy. It was unbelievable to watch the young people work. I realize I don’t have as much energy as they do anymore. Emily is like the energizer bunny. She just keeps going. It is a blessing to see everyone work and with smiles. You can’t help but to smile. There is just a positive energy at our site. Today we finished our project and that was a good feeling. I think everyone was excited about that. I video chatted my family. It was so great to get to look at them. I miss them but I enjoy my work here and the people I have gotten to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment