Pages

Friday, July 14, 2017

Day 8 | Emily Conley

Since we didn’t blog yesterday, I’m gonna write a little about our 19 hour trip to Yellowstone…yes 19 HOURS. Our van never missed an animal sighting thanks to Vicki literally yelling about EVERY animal she saw, but we did miss a few waterfalls due to Lloyd’s fast-paced driving. My favorite part was seeing the hot springs and watching Old Faithful erupt. Today, my job began at the church where we moved all of the chairs, vacuumed the floors, and then cleaned the foyer. A vendor in the church parking lot (who saw us working all week and was the hook-up for cold smoothies on a hot day) fixed lunch for our entire group which was so kind of her. After lunch, we headed to Kenny’s house to finish screwing in the start of his floor. We arrived back at camp early, so we deep cleaned the bathroom and sorted all of the games and prizes for the carnival tomorrow. Tonight, Kenny’s wife is making us Indian tacos, and the group is beyond excited. Kenny is also gonna hang around and play some praise songs, which I cannot wait for. I can’t believe tomorrow is our last work day. God has definitely humbled me through the jobs I’ve had on this trip, and I am so thankful that His plans for me are better than my own. See you all soon! Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment