Pages

Friday, July 14, 2017

Day 8 | Bill Morlan

Well it’s been a few days since I’ve done this so I thought I better write before Eric catches me. It’s as hot as I remember! It’s either I’m getting older or it’s getting hotter. The team has done a great job and at this time we have completed all of our jobs. We will be looking at putting up walls and the rafters at Kenny’s house tomorrow. Like always, it’s hard to believe that we are on our last day of work and then the journey home. We finished the rocks on Tuesday and some of those rocks we moved 4 times. As you know by now, we went to Yellowstone yesterday. Started at 5am and got back at 1am. Long day but a fun day. To me, the one of the best parts of the day was when we got stopped by a buffalo for about 30 min because he was in the road. By the time he finally gave us room to pass I could of touched him. The team has worked well together and I am very proud of them for what they have done. Being that this is my 4th time here I have a lot of memories of this place and the people that we have helped. Some of the people remember us. One of the cool things was that Jarren was playing basketball with a young man who remembered us and coming to VBS when we had it. To all who have been here before, Neil and his wife bought an RV and are traveling the country. Kenny Sr. and his wife are doing fine and he is getting ready to retire. Kenny Jr. and his wife are building a new house. Russel, if you are reading this, tonight we are having Indian Tacos and the lady that is making them remembers you. She remembers that you ate 7 of them and she has never seen anyone do that. You have made a lasting impression. Tomorrow is our last day and like always it will be bitter sweet. Love you Bro, boys and my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment