Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Day 10 | Mickey Skeens

Today was the hottest day yet that I have experienced here. I even applied sunscreen 3 times today and still managed to be burnt. My group went to the house site today to finish laying the block so the finish could be put on the house. We were able to finish all of the block and then formed up the 2 corner walls at the back of the house and poured the 2 columns for structural support. The team sifted sand again for about 7 hours today. Once finished we scrapped the floors and removed all of the debris, the house is now ready for the finish work of putting the stucco on the inside and outside walls. Then the roof, doors, and windows can go on. It has been a great 2 weeks being here, meeting new people, learning more about the culture and seeing old friends that I have met in the years past. Looking forward to a good night’s rest and the day off tomorrow, but I know before the day is over I will ready to get back to work and get this house and church finished. Continue to keep us on your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment