Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Day 13 | Mickey Skeens

It is hard to believe today was our last day of work and what a great day it was. I was able to go back to the church site and we were able to finish the floor and all of the repair work that we had started. Between our group and the church family we went through 18 gallons of paint in painting the church. We did not get this finished due to running out of paint. The church at about 80% completed on the painting and the church family said that they could get the rest of the paint and complete the job. In talking with the pastor of the church he was all smiles from ear to ear and could not believe the amount of work that got accomplished over the past couple of weeks. He is already dreaming of seeing his church grow and have to expand it again. Just a couple of more nights here before we head home. Looking forward to seeing my baby girl Faith, it has been almost 3 weeks since I have seen her. God has been so good to me these couple of weeks here. It just reminds me of how spoiled I am and how much I am blessed. I too get so consumed with worldly things, in what I have or want and don’t even need. After being here I see so much that I need to change in my life. I really need to be more thankful for what I have instead of things I want and really don’t need. It is all material things and as you know you can’t take any of that with you and it will not get you any further in your walk with Christ. I have also been so blessed to spend this week working and worshiping with Marcy and Riley by me side. This is a first on the mission field for us. For the last 20 years they have only been able to listen to what God was going on the trips that I have taken and worked on. We all now can share and grow through this by experiencing it together as a family and it is my prayer that we all will grow closer and stronger in Christ through this mission trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment