Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Day 14 | Elainah Uldrich

I can’t believe this week is over with already. I’m really sad that we have to get up tomorrow and leave this place. You may have read all the blogs or watched videos, but you don’t really know how amazing it is until your actually here. I shared with the rest of the crew tonight how thankful I was for God giving me the chance to go on this mission trip. I needed it very bad. This is the first time in a long time I’ve actually felt close to God. I’m also very thankful for all the great people I’ve spent with this week. I’ve made new friends in our crew and with Haitian people. One of them is Johnny. He lives below us in our compound. Johnny is a person I will never forget. He has such a big heart and every single time you see him he has a smile on his face. You can tell he really loves Jesus, and on top of that he is a blast to hang out with. Johnny will always have a special place in my heart for what he has taught me, and I love him so much. To top this all off, I’ll never forget the memories. Playing with all the children at the church, late night card games, and almost throwing up from eating the famous Freedom Soup.One thing that is sad though is this might be the last time the Morlan boys get to go on a mission trip. This week we had Tyler , Kenton, and Logan with us. I love them like brothers, and the week would’ve been boring without them. I really really hope they can go on another one with us because it would suck if they couldn’t. Besides that,I just love this group of people so much, and every single one of them are family to me. God has impacted everyone this week so much, and I recommend to anyone if you have a week and a little bit of extra cash…go to Haiti. You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment