Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Day 14 | Mickey Skeens

Hard to believe this is my last night in Haiti, today was a day with a lot of mixed emotions. The day started out with us traveling to the house that we had completed for the dedication service. It began with us signing a couple songs and then the Haitians sang a song. Tyler opened in prayer and then Bill led the service. Then we were able to present the family with a few gifts. Then this is usually the end of it, but not this time. The husband of the house wanted to speak and share with us; he then stated that he had a small gift for each of us. He proceeded to read each of our names and ask us to come forward and he presented each of us with a color certificate that read “Honor and Merit”, “It is more blessed to give than to receive”. It was dated and had his family’s name on it. I did not feel worthy to take this, for someone who has nothing to give gave more than I could have ever given. He then went on to say that he was so blessed and would continue to pray for us each and every day that God would continue to work in us and through us. I have never experienced this in any of the trips I have been on before, and I know I will never forget this. Later in the day several of our group got me to meet their child that they sponsored and we got to watch them play at the Ark for a few hours. Being the last evening and the last bible study it was very special, I enjoyed listening to each person share with what God had done through them this week. No words can describe what was shared, this is one that you would have to be here to understand. Looking forward to getting home and seeing my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment