Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Day 14 | Russell Nuckles

Our week is complete, and with it what could likely be my final mission trip with this group for a very long time. As we sat and reminisced tonight, I thought back not only on this past week but also over the last 10 years. The Lord has blessed me with opportunity after opportunity to go with Him to projects near and far, with some of the best people I have ever met. He has been so good to me. It was fitting, at the end of all of these trips, that He reminded me one final time that the project is never the purpose. The job is never the goal. God did not put me on earth at this place and time to accomplish a list of chores that He needed done. He placed me on earth to love Him, and to share that love as I go along His will. Life looks so complicated from where I’m at right now. But His word assures me that it is never more complicated that this. I leave this with a portion of scripture that has become very special to me: Psalms 115 1. Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory. For the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness. 2. Why should the nation’s say “where is their God?” 3. Our God is in the heavens, He does all that He pleases. … 16. The heavens are the LORD’S heavens, but the earth he has given to the children of man. 17. The dead do not praise the LORD, nor do any who go down into silence. 18. But we will bless the LORD from this time and forever more. Praise the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment