Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 1 | Madison Oney

It feels so good to be back! Gosh I’ve missed this place! This morning started off a little rough.. My family, like two years ago, went down a few days early and had a mini vacation prior to the trip. Well, where we were staying with my grandparents is only about ten to fifteen minutes away from MFI, and we had to be there at six this morning. I set an alarm for 4:30 thinking that was plenty of time for me to get ready (straighten my hair, put a little make up on, typical girl morning drill) but boy was I wrong.. half way into my hair, my grandmother starts hollerin’ through the house “Madison! You only have so and so minutes left to get ready!” And I swear every minute that went by, she was telling me how many minutes I had left. Needless to say, I didn’t get to finish my hair, didn’t get to put any make up on, or eat breakfast. The flight was good. It made me a little sick, but that was expected. I thought everything went very smoothly at the airport besides having to wait forever for our bags. Saw a Haitian midget today too.. that was different. I was surprised that there wasn’t any red caps like last time; none that I saw anyway. We didn’t have to ride on a tiny bus up the mountain either! That was a pleasant surprise. Still was hot, but it wasn’t as bad as it would have been on the one we took last time. It took forever to get up the mountain, I’d say two hours. All 11 miles of it. But I expected that as well. When we got to the compound, it was nice to see a familiar face (mary lou) in the kitchen cooking dinner. Seeing the playground flooded my mind with memories of the last trip and just made me that much more excited to see what this week has in store for us! I’ve been trying to hold my eyes open all evening, so I’m going right to bed after this. Two Benadryl and music I’m praying will drown out the boy’s snoring. It warmed my heart to see the kids smiling on the playground that is still in good shape! I’m anxious to see how VBS is going to go. Keep us in your prayers this week! I can’t wait to see what God has in store for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment