Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

Day 9 | Elizabeth Dittman

Today was my favorite day so far! I got put on the crew to go to the house first. I was a sand sifter with Bronnlyn, Shannon, Raegan, and Elainah. We made some new songs about sifting too! But anyways, after a while, some kids came down and started watching so Raegan and I asked if they wanted to play with us. They weren’t kids from the house, they were neighbors. It was a young boy, and boy about my age, and they dad of the house next to the one we were building. Let me just say, they are amazing at soccer! Our translator, Robison, played with us too! We got a lot of sand sifted today, and it was actually kind of fun! We came back to the compound, and I am proud to say that I took a shower! I was shaking from nervousness the whole time, but it wasn’t too bad! I’m ready to go work at the church and work with the kids during VBS!!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day. I'll have to tell Whitford and Jarren that soccer conditioning has had far reaching influence! At least you won't have to do anything extra to stay in shape. I'm excited about the child you have chosen to sponsor. I was looking online and found some children's book in Hatian Creole. Even a few Dr. Seuss books! We are praying for safety and that God will use ALL of you in a powerful way through this experience. I'm looking forward to your thought and feelings as you continue on this journey. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of...and glad you braved the shower! I miss you and love you. I am posting this from 32,000 feet in the air above Montana! Nana sends her love too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So apparently my comment from yesterday didn't post, I must've done something wrong. :-) I just want you to know that I am so proud of you!! God is doing amazing things through you down there and I cannot wait to hear all about it! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proud of you girl! Awesome to know that you girls are doing God's work! Have fun and I can't wait to see the girl sifting songs! I bet they are the best yet!:-)♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis don't worry you'll love working at the church and playin with all the kids and hopefully it won't rain on you so you don't have to walk part of the way back! Love ya sis have a good time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sis hope your having fun which I'm sure you are but I know you'll have fun at the church you may not enjoy the ride but you'll enjoy the work and playin with the kids hopefully I won't rain on you so you don't have to walk part of the way back to the compound tell everyone I said hi and I'm prayin for y'all

    ReplyDelete