Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 2 | Jerri Oney

Well I used muscles today I know I forgot I had! I’ll REALLY know they’re there in the morning! It was a good day though and VERY productive. It was very humbling to see this young family living out of a tent on the side of a corn field. This mother was taking care of a 7 year old, a 4 year old and a 3 month old AND cook - all in a pup tent on the side of a cornfield!! We think we’ve got it rough??? I got to take some pictures of the 7 year old boy and he was so excited to have his picture taken. He couldn’t wait to look at himself in the camera. He even helped shovel sand for us at the end of the day - his name was Wesley. The father was so appreciative and said that he prayed to God for help and that we were the answer to his prayers. We had a great time with the translator Robertson. (I’m sure his dad’s name was Robert because they often name their sons the same name with “son” at the end) We got to start the day with a small service with the local Haitian people singing hymns with them and watching them sing praises just in another language but all to the same God. It was so awesome to be a part of that. These people are so proud and so happy. Oh how we need to take lessons from their pleasant simplicity. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment