Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

Day 9 | Logan Gibson

I would like to start this blog off by saying thank you to my mother for commenting and sending her love to EVERYONE ELSE on the trip. Thinking of you too lol (and no that does not mean lots of love)…only kidding :) Today started off early. I got up at 5:30 AM and braided lots of hair. I think I may be eligible for a world record of number of braids done in a week by the end of the trip! After breakfast, we took our 2 hour ride to the church. All I can say is, Jesus was watching over us! I now have bruises down my entire left side. It was a rough ride to say the least, and the videos last week did not do it justice. At the church, I basically did one job all day: sand sifting. Even though I can’t do Barre Code while I’m here, I definitely got a full-body workout in today! My biceps are going to be looking great by the end of the week! During our short breaks, we were able to play with the kids. They loved singing songs with us and having us swing them around in circles again and again. My back is going to be feeling all the sifting and swinging tomorrow! The hardest part of my day was during a conversation with a local teenage boy. He told me that he has been learning English for the last year and that he would love to have an English Bible to read. We are not allowed to give them anything, so I had to tell him no. However, one may be accidentally left behind one day, and in that case, he could keep it :) All the youth I worked with did an amazing job today (Hollis, Allie, Emily, Nic, Hannah, and Riley—your parents should be super proud of you all!), and all I can say is that I am so blessed to be here this week. This evening, we prepped all the snacks and crafts for VBS tomorrow. I cannot wait to see all the kids! Sending lots of love to everyone at home (Mom, Dad, Libby, Laura, Tiera, and Bethany). Keep us in your prayers! Love ya! Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment