Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 2 | Allie Ramsey

I just want to start off by saying how amazing God is! Although I have been to Haiti before, it never fails to amaze me the happiness that they have. Today I got to work alongside Philip, a Haitian worker, and he taught me how to lay block. It’s just so cool to work with them and have them teach you something new the way that they do it. He is so precise and wants everything done exactly right, and he’s not afraid to tell you when it’s wrong. While we were at the church, we got to experience a thunderstorm in the clouds. While we were so grateful for them to get the rain, we knew that would make our ride out complicated, as most of it was a steep downhill ride in the back of a dump truck. We began the ride home and eventually had to walk more than two miles because our truck couldn’t make it up the steep hills. Thankfully about three hours later we arrived back at camp exhausted and ready for dinner. It just makes me happy to see the kids jump, scream, and wave as we drive past them. Their happiness is simply amazing, and that is something to be grateful for! God is doing amazing things here in Haiti, and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the week has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment