Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Day 4 | Jerri Oney

Well this was a different day. Church at 6:30. The Haitian people take their worship very seriously and that blessed my heart. They wear their best clothes - clean and pressed and pay close attention to everything. You see no whispering, talking or getting up to go to the bathroom. It was a little tough to sit through for 2 1/2 hours not understanding a thing but their worship was evident. That pastor’s prayer was longer than Marks sermons! I started out on the hike but rumor had it that Johnny was taking us on the death-trap hike that I heard horror stories about from last year so I declined before we got to the bottom of the hill. So…I watched everyone sleep all day but was able to help Mickey with his kidney stone pain, so I’m glad I was here. We had a good service this evening down by the park and it was fun watching the skyping with our church. We had a really good connection. It was a beautiful Lord’s day and looking forward to tomorrow. Played doctor a lot today - many sore muscles, bug bites and upper respiratory infections. Glad to be of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment