Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Day 7 | Miranda Riffle

Today was our very last day in Haiti and I am very sad to leave. The week was amazing and we met so many fun and memorable people here. I think one of our translates (the one in the last video) was one of the most faithful people I have ever met…no matter what the subject was he was able to link it to Jesus or a scripture/story in the bible. He even had us screaming “God is good all the time, all the time God is good’ off the dump truck this morning after the house dedication. The family that we built the house for was very grateful, the father and mother thanked us multiple times throughout the week and the service this morning. It was a major blessing to get to help them. Being here we learned what simple life looked like and what depending on God for everything looked like, and it makes me hesitate to want to return to the U.S. and my chaotic life there. I am excited to be able to come home but at the same time I have come to appreciate and respect these people and their lifestyle so much. I am truly thankful that I have had the opportunity to get to meet them, laugh with them, play with them and have the memories. Overall, this week was one of the best weeks of my life and it could not have come at a better time for me. God’s timing in this trip and the people that I was surrounded by was truly amazing and I am just happy that I was able to share all of the blessings I have with others who truly need it, yet wish many blessings upon us. I sincerely hope to return here and tomorrow morning will be very hard. Thank you to everyone who kept us in your thoughts and prayers, I don’t think we could've asked for a more successful, fun or chaotic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment