Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Day 3 | Eric Campbell

Sorry I haven't written down my thoughts on the trip to this point. To say the days leading up to this trip were a challenge would have been an understatement. I lost my grandmother unexpectedly this past Monday. On Sunday, I was at her house and left after giving her a hug and telling her that I would see her in August when I returned from this trip. I know she would want me here doing what God led me to do, so here I am. Again Haiti has brought perspective and has helped me realize how blessed I am to have spent the length of time that I have with both of my grandparents. The life expectancy in Haiti is 62. My grandparents were married for 66 years and I was able to be blessed with a Christian grandmother for 31 awesome years. Anyone my age in this country doesn't stand a chance of having anything remotely close to that experience. Yes I left a wife and 2 three month old boys at home. I know I made the comment to Becka multiple times "I don't know how we would do this in the townhouse we lived in before we moved into the house." The family that we are building a home for has 3 kids, one of which is 3 months old and they are currently living in a tent because their home burned down. Welcome to your reality check. So far so good on the videos and blog postings. We have a reliable internet connection after a couple of days. Follow us on the website at gassawaybaptist.com. Follow a couple of twitter accounts @gassawaybaptist and @gbcbill for updates and pictures throughout the day. Love you Becka and I miss you and the boys. Sam and Courtney - thank you for coming in to help Becka take care of the boys while I'm away so that I can be here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Eric! Great job on the videos!! Ethan and I just watched day 2- I think he liked it:) we miss you lots- the boys miss your jokes! I'm so glad you get to be down there and that you're willing to let the Lord lead you this week and always. Love you bro! Sleep well tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric! Great job on the videos!! Ethan and I just watched day 2- I think he liked it:) we miss you lots- the boys miss your jokes! I'm so glad you get to be down there and that you're willing to let the Lord lead you this week and always. Love you bro! Sleep well tonight!!

    ReplyDelete