Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 11 | Ashley

Today was seriously awesome! We went to church at 6:30 this morning. It was absolutely amazing! We didn’t understand any of it but it was such a blessing. They showed such a strong passion for serving the Lord! That passion needs to be in every church in the world!! We also went on the hike today! That was a mixture of awesome, scary, beautiful, & tiring! We went to the very first waterfall and then we climbed and shimmied across some rock walls to get to two other ones. We could’ve gone further but the climb to the others was extremely scary & the last waterfall we saw was gorgeous so Rachel & I were happy with our experience!! I’m so happy we got the chance! The climb back of the mountain was awful. Bill said that walking down and back up the mountain is the same as walking down and back up Powell’s mountain! It was crazy!! We have church at about 6 this evening at our compound and then our day will be finished. I can’t wait to work on the ark again tomorrow! To family & Nathaniel: Skype isn’t what we thought it was going to be. We can’t see you guys, you can only see us. & Only a few people get the chance to. I won’t be going so I’m sorry if you went to see me & I wasn’t there! At least you got to hear a few people from the team talk! & if you didn’t go or forgot, that’s okay too!!! I love you guys soooo much & I miss you even more! I’m so happy to be here & doing God’s work, but I can’t wait to be home!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, we are so glad you had an awesome worship service! I knew you would love the waterfall walk!! We went to Skype (like we could forget!) and learned it was not what you expected! We had an amazing time at the church service!! Lance preached an amazing sermon on not worrying. It was amazing. He talked about how when we are worrying the most, if we notice it will be when we are praying the least and not studying God's word very much. It worked out exactly as it should have. I told the people at GBC how much it had meant for you guys to go and how blessed you are by it! I am so proud of you! You are so selfless and loving. I am grateful God gave you to me for a daughter! I love you! Can't wait to see you! I think not seeing you tonight makes that even more special!! Lubby you!

    ReplyDelete