Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 12 | Madison

I am so glad that today was so cool! The weather was perfect! It was an all around great day. At first, I was digging holes, like usual, then I moved over to mixing, making, and carrying concrete, and I finished the day easy with painting the rainbow onto the ark. The ark looks beautiful! It’s really coming together. The rainbow on the front of it really puts the icing on the cake! The only sad part of the day was Johnny telling me that he didn’t like me. When I asked him why, he told me that he didn’t know. I told him that I didn’t like him either, so he said that he didn’t care, but I know he’s just kidding, or at least I hope he is. A Haitian girl went down a few of the slides today which was very exciting. I can’t wait until it’s all done, and we can teach all the kids how to play on it! We’re going to the market tomorrow, which will be interesting. I’m really excited to go bartering on Wednesday. That’s going to be really fun! Last night was hysterical! Emerson, Chase, and Mark were all going crazy for some reason. I think Mary Lou put something in that baked spaghetti because they were being ridiculous, but any who, they had just finished bathroom duty, and I won’t even tell you how that went; I’ll let you figure it out yourself. They came back into our room thing and were talking into the fan so it would sound like a robot voice. They were hee-hawing. They thought that was the funniest thing they had ever heard. While they were focused on Emerson making a Chewbacca noise into the fan, Bill had snuck outside and poured a cup of water into the fan soaking the boys. I was crying I was laughing so hard, and my dad got it all on video! It was a good night, and I’ll leave it at that. Hope everyone back home is doing alright. I miss everyone, and I can’t wait to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment