Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 14 | Kelsie

Today was yet another awesome day. I’m really sad it was our last; these past two weeks have flown by. We cleaned things up this morning and played with a little boy named Philipson. I loved his name because his dad was Philip so he was Philip’s son. He never once smiled but he loved the swings and the kiddy slides. Went to the mountain maid for lunch. I was a afraid I was going to be really upset that I didn’t have my sponsored child to play with today like most of everyone else did, but I got to play with a little guy who was by himself. If I had had a sponsored child than Shawn would have been playing alone. He was kind of following everyone around who was playing with their kid so I took him and started playing with him until his mom took him home. I couldn’t understand a word he said, but that didn’t stop him from talking up a storm. The first time he tried climbing the cargo net, he kind of got stuck half way so I climbed up to help him. After that he would stop and look to make sure I was following him up every time. Bartering was just as fun as last time and I bought way too much stuff that I don’t need. Oh! And I had my first bananas here in the banana split at mountain maid and it was delicious. I have still yet to see a Haitian squirrel which kind of upsets me haha. I am truly sad to leave in the morning, but I know it’s time to go home. I’m going to miss Jonny and Mary Lou so much!! Love all you guys at home and will see you all soon!! Love you bigger than the sky mom and dad!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your bartering went very well. I leave Saturday for the Greenbrier for golf tournament and I will not be back until July 10th.so I'll see you at VBS
    Wednesday night. praying for you.

    ReplyDelete