Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 13 | Jerri

“And if our God is for us then who could ever stop us…” That song truly fits what He just accomplished through this group. We finished it today! It was so awesome watching those last signs go up, the sand raked out and the kids come running! We couldn’t hold them off any longer. Oh how I wish the first group could be here to experience it with us! What a feeling – and I can’t imagine how good it felt for Lloyd and Bill to see the whole thing come together like it did. They have worked so hard. We also got to experience the market today in the back of a dumptruck. I felt like Andrew Zimmerman on the travel channel – except I didn’t eat the stuff!!! There was raw fish and raw chicken and that is just what I recognized. We bought fruit and it was wonderful. We got to barter with them and use Haitian money. Later found out they start walking from their houses at 2:00am and carry their produce on their heads. It takes them 4-5 hours to get there and then they walk back home. Cindy – I tried to carry a pot of flowers on my head. You would have loved it. I got a picture for you. And mom – I forgot something for you to tell Jesse. On our hike Sunday there were 2 dead taranchilas on the trail!!! Big ones!!! I got a picture of it too. Tomorrow is our last day already. It went so fast. We’ve met a lot of wonderful people here. I’ve been very proud of Chase and Madison – they have worked SO hard! We/Madison adopted a child and hope to get to meet her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment