Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 11 | Travis

Today was a very good and fun day, even if our group was pretty much rock climbing up waterfalls during a hike. The day started off with the church service and the language they were speaking was one none of us were used to and half of us were falling asleep. I kept on bobbing my head around trying to stay awake, but for the time I was awake it was pretty interesting. The prayer, my goodness, I never heard such a long prayer in my life! It must’ve lasted 10 or 15 minutes! Also, there was a prayer inside of a prayer. Once the pastor said amen, they kept on going so I was one of the few that brought their heads up. Everyone is so happy here! It really is amazing looking at the smiles on the children’s faces as I seen a little boy walking down the hill with a string tied to a bottle, swinging it around. That probably would’ve kept him more entertained than any sort of television or games. The hike that soon turned into rock climbing was pretty awesome! I never really done that before in my life and I can’t wait to see it on video. The scenery during it was absolutely beautiful though. I also have no clue you can plant garden on the side of a very steep hill, but they find a way to do it, which is very impressive. I had a blast today with our group and I hope God continues to bless with days as great as this one! Miss and love you guys so much and I can’t wait to see you at the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment