Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 13 | Becka

Went back to the market today. I have to be honest, I was not looking forward to going. It is rather gross there, people everywhere, dirty animals in the streets. I wish we could take better pictures to show everyone. The smell is awful. I’m so thankful that I have grocery stores back home that I can shop at. I think it was a real eye opening experience for everyone though. We went on the truck ride out in the hills of Haiti. Roger showed us where some of the people who sell fruit at the market have to walk from. It is a completely different way of life here in Haiti. We got back to the worksite and continued work on the Ark. We are happy to say that it is open for business. There are a few things we are going to work on tomorrow morning but for all intensive purposes it is finished. It was so exciting to watch 30+ children and teenagers run through the ark, learn to swing, learn to teeter-totter and climb a cargo net. I’m so excited for the ministry opportunity we have been able to provide. Many people we talk to do not know the story of Noah and we are able to share Jesus with them. I am so thankful for this experience and the missionaries here who will be able to continue this ministry long after we leave. Looking forward to tomorrow’s dedication service and some shopping. I’m excited to buy some of the necklaces that the ladies here make from cereal boxes. Love you mom, dad, Courtney, Joe, Sammi, James, Jacob, Tiffany, Cody, Rick and Susie. Can’t wait to catch up with you when we get back. Miss you tons!

4 comments:

  1. So proud of you! I love that you get to be such a blessing to that community. Can't wait to hear more about this market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becka, Wow, I have loved reading your blog! You have done The Lord's work in an amazing way!! And what you have done there will effect the people of Haiti for many years to come! Isn't it awesome to see God work in each person's life during a mission trip! God is good! All the time!! Wish I could have been with you! Love you lots! Can't wait to talk to you about your experiences!!

    Linda Smith

    PS: I have tried twice now to post from my cell phone and it didn't work. Sorry! I have been praying and thinking about you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great seed that has been planted in the community! AWESOME work you guys are doing down there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can not wait to hear all about the trip! God is good and I will be praying for everyones safe return!!
    Talk Soon,
    Amber Hyre

    ReplyDelete