Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 11 | Madison

Well, today was very, very, very tiring. Church was… different. I wasn’t quite sure how to handle it. It was really hard to stay focused because we obviously didn’t have a clue what anyone was saying. The preacher spoke one line in English, and one group of girls that were singing sang, “Heart of Worship” which was beautiful! There was a prayer that I kid you not, lasted fifteen minutes at least. I was sure when we were praying or when we weren’t because no one had said amen yet, so it was a little difficult to stay awake during that. Then came the hike… oh dear the waterfall hike. That was something else. I have never been so exhausted in my life. I was one of the ones that went all the way to the one Johnny showed us a picture of at the very beginning of the hike. Me, Allie, Tiara, my dad, Chase, Holden, Brent, Johnny, Don, and Nate were the only ones who went that far, and believe me, it was something. I fell completely in the water before we even made it anywhere. Now we know that Madison should not try and jump across the creek bed. I had just finished putting mine and Allie’s phones inside my bag, which of course, got submerged under the water. I very quickly got out of the freezing cold, disgusting water and got our phones. They were fine, thank God. If Nate, Don, and Johnny hadn’t been there to basically carry me across most of the rocks. They helped all of us get back down the waterfalls which most of us probably would have died trying to get back down by ourselves. I’m surprised I’m still breathing right now. I have never been so exhausted in my life, even in all the sports I’ve played; nothing has worn me out like that hike did. Johnny kept telling me, “Ahhh, you can do it, I know you can.” I kept saying, “Well, at this point, it’s whether I want to or not.” He just laughed. When we got all the way to the way to the top, Nate, Don, and Johnny all jumped in and got underneath the waterfall. We took tons of pictures. It was really an adventure. I saw more dead spiders than I really wanted to see, and they just happened to be tarantulas. I screamed a couple times which worried some of the others because they probably thought someone was hurt. I was hurt, just really scared. I could definitely live without seeing another one of those. I won’t ever go on another hike like that again, that’s for sure. I was fun, but way too tiring. I cannot wait to go to sleep tonight. I wish I could have a day of rest before we got back to work, but there is A LOT to be done still, and I can’t wait until it’s all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment