Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 14 | Rachel

This morning we had the dedication service for the ark. We all gathered around the entire playground and said a prayer. It was amazing to see us all come together and pray. We prayed for the children’s safety as they play and that it would glorify God. Later in the day we got to meet our child that we chose to sponsor. Mine and Ashley’s boy, Orchy, was SO adorable. He is three years old. He was so enticed with the little car he got in his gift bag. He also loved playing on the “little kid” playground. He LOVED the slide and swings! His smile was so big as he would sit at the top of the slide and the rush down to me. I love him so much. After meeting Orchy, we went bartering. It was a ton of fun! I got a lot of beautiful things. Hopefully my bag isn’t overweight! I’m so happy that I got to experience bartering. I have had a fantastic time here in Haiti, but I am ready to be home. The fact that we will be headed home tomorrow makes me so happy. I can at least talk to Jordan and my family! I’m excited to be home, but I really hope that I can sleep through the entire car ride! It’s going to be so long! Hopefully it goes by fast. I love you guys, see you all soon! (:

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of everyone that gave of their time these last two weeks and worked on this project. It is amazing. When I think that some people gave up the only vacation time they had to work on this, it humbles me. Would I be willing to give up my only time to vacation with family to work for God? I am so thankful for not only you kids, Rachel, but also the adults who took this on with a smile and arranged it and knew it was worthwhile to do! Your group is such a blessing to so many. I can't wait to see you and HUG you and KISSSSS you! I have missed that smile so much!

    ReplyDelete