Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 14 | Shawn

Today was the dedication service for the ark. It was an overwhelming feeling that came over me as the kids started coming in. I especially got choked up when we got to meet Smiley Castel. He is the child Tiara and Holden picked out to sponsor. He was a lil’ shy at first but it didn’t take long for him to run, play and SMILE! I took several pics as Tiara and Holden taught him to swing, climb, slide, and play football. It’s such a good feeling to see, hug, play and pray with the family that we are helping. Our sponsorship will help with his schooling and provide some food. After that we went bartering. We got pulled in every direction. “come look in my store.” Come see my necklaces.” “Come.” “Come.” It was interesting. I talked a guy down from $15 to $5 for a very primitive broom. There were many neat things to look at. This evening was kind of laid back as we just got to sit back, fellowship and watch the kids play. Even though this has been one of the best opportunities of my life, I’m getting kind of homesick. I’m looking forward to the next trip not only to serve others but keep myself humble as well. This has been eye opening on so many levels! I have also enjoyed becoming closer to my church family. We have bonded in a way that probably would not have happened at home. This is an unforgettable experience!!!! I thank the Lord for allowing me to be a part of something so great!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mom and I have been keeping up with your blogs. Have enjoyed reading them all. Tell Tiara and Holden we are so proud of them! Safe travels and we will see you soon! Love ya!!!! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and I have been reading your blogs! Enjoyed them all. Tell Tiara and Holden that we are so proud of them. Prayers for safe travels and we'll see you soon. Love ya!! Dawn

    ReplyDelete