Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 14 | Allie

This has been an amazing week! It definitely made me appreciative of everything I have at home! Today was a very touching day and probably the best day for two reasons! One of them was the Ark was completely finished today and ready to be used as a mission tool for Baptist Haiti Missions to attract kids to their campus! It’s so cool to see all of the kids playing and smiling as they play on something they’ve never seen before! They are just so happy! The second reason is one that I will never forget as long as I live! I decided to sponsor a little girl to help her get an education and encourage her to stay in school! Her name is Datchka Joseph! She is three years old and in pre-school at a school not too far away from BHM. Today the children and their families that all of us sponsored came to the park so that we could meet them. After everybody else had met theirs, Trey, a staff member here, had told me that Datchka’s mother was eight months pregnant so it might take them a while to get here. A few minutes later he said that if I wanted we could go to their house so I could meet her. So Trey, Eric, my dad and I went to go find her. Eventually we passed her along side the road so we stopped and picked her up and brought her back to the Ark so I could interact her. She was so extremely cute, and she loved the swings! We gave them a box of food and she got a little bag of goodies to take home with her! I can’t wait to see what all this sponsorship brings to her life! It’s a great feeling to know that I am going to be making a difference in her life! I can’t wait for the years to come when I come back to Haiti and get to see her grow! The Lord has honestly blessed me so much! I am so lucky to be able to work along side my dad and have such a great role model to look up to! He is such a great inspiration! I am also blessed to have an amazing youth pastor to push me along the way in my walk with the Lord. I couldn’t be more lucky! This has been such a life changing event, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world! I don’t want to leave, but I am excited to come home! Love you all and say a prayer for us as we head out tomorrow! See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Allie, I am so, so proud of you. You & your Dad are an inspiration to me. I couldn't ask for a better husband or daughter. And if all goes well I want to go with the two of you next year and be a part of the Lord's work on the mission trip. I love both of you so much and can't wait for you to come home.

    I love you!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete