Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 14 | Ashley

Today was my favorite day!! We had such a busy day! We started with ‘working’ on the playground (playing) & then we left to go and see how a group of ladies make jewelry out of cereal boxes. Then we had lunch at Mountain Maid! It was pretty good. Then we went and met our child that we sponsored! That was definitely my favorite! His name is Orchy & he’s three! We played on the playground & he loved it! He is the cutest Haitian kid I have EVER seen! He was shy at first but when we started playing, he was much better. He loved the little toy car that we gave him! I can’t wait to see him grow over the years!! After meeting our child, we got to go bartering. I’ll be honest, I was not excited about it at ALL. I almost didn’t go that’s how much I didn’t want to go. But then I loved it!! It was so much fun! It was right on the side of the road so it was a bit scary having to check for big dump trucks zooming past, but I really did love it! I got some awesome stuff! I’m all packed up and ready to leave in the morning! We’ll probably fly out around 11 or 12 & we should land around 5!! Then we’ll drive through the night and be home around 10 on Friday morning! I love it here but I CANNOT wait to be home!!! I miss my boyfriend & family soooo much. One more day & I’ll see all of you! Keep praying for this playground so that it will bring so many kids to Jesus. & pray for our travel home! I love you all so much!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to meet your little boy! That makes it real. I am so thankful you guys were blessed to go on this trip. I am thankful for adults who not only THINK about volunteering and making a difference, but ACTUALLY DO IT! It took so much hard work before you ever got there and it's no small thing. I am so proud of you! I can't wait to HUG you and SMOOCH your little face! Sophie wants to do a little 'bless you' on your forehead too! Can't wait! Love you!

    ReplyDelete