Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 5 | Mickey

What a great day God has given us. The weather was much warmer today, but there was a little breeze. Kids worked hard today and there were many laughs. So many memories are being made. Marcy I wish you was here with us. You are in my prayers and I miss you and the girls. I hope you and Faith have a great week with one another. We were able to get most of the second floor done on the Ark today and the rock climbing was is complete. Gina was the first to climb down and test it for us. We had one group of kids spend most of the day removing tree stumps with the use of any pick ax or even an ax. Probably the most tired I have ever seen Russell. It was fun to watch our Adults (Lori, Gina, and Cheryl) climb the 16’ up the outside of the Ark to get on top to put down the decking, once they were up there they were asking how to we get down. Needless to say they spent the entire afternoon on top until it was finished. Looking forward to taking them to the market tomorrow and shop. Hard to believe the first week is almost over, only 1 full work day left until they backup and come home. Most of them don’t want it to end and wish they were staying for both weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all are making a lot of progress on the playground. Kinda jealous that I can't be there with you. But this is where I am supposed to be right now - especially with mamaw passing away and Faith being so young. One day we'll be able to go together. Before you know it Riley will be able to go, too. She's really worried I am going to sell the stuff in her room to the highest bidder while she is at camp. I know she misses you a lot. I really need to remember to put my flip flops away. Don't know how many times I've caught Faith with them in her mouth. Yuck! She's so funny! One lady today said she's so pleasant and looks very healthy - nice way of saying fat. Take care and have fun at the market! Love you!

    ReplyDelete