Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 10 | Becka

Another awesome work day on the Ark. I’m loving it more and more here in Haiti. I love the relaxed style of life and the happiness of the people here. We spent the day working on the Ark, its really starting to look like a playground now. We have 3 functional slides, a swinging bridge, and two climbing apparatus up and working. I spent the majority of the day painting the bible verses that Logan and Kelsie have been working on most the week. Thanks Logan for all your hard work. The bible verses look great! We translated a few verses and Logan cut them out on deck boards, so the Haitian visitors will be able to read bible verses on the Ark. I’m so excited for all the children that will be able to play on the Ark and hear a bible story. Everyone kept talking about that today – how great of an outreach this project is going to be. This is going to bring hundreds of visitors to the mission simply because they are curious about what it is. Thank you everyone for the continued support. We are going to church tomorrow morning and then going on a hike. I’ve been debating all week whether or not to go on the hike. Last week, Johnny (our translator) took everyone on a really intense hike up and down the ravine. I’m not in great shape so I’m a little nervous, but I’m only in Haiti once I don’t want to have any regrets! Pray for me!! ☺ Everyone please read Shawn Hunter’s blog post. Love you Mom, Dad, Court, Joe, Sammi, James, Jake, Tiffany, Cody, Susie and Rick.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Bex, love reading your blogs and hearing about all that you are doing. Dad and I got caught up on the videos last night, too. The progress is great. We are praying for you, enjoy the hike! Love you...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you becka! Keep turning Haiti into love-ee! Praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Becka! Keep turning Haiti into love-ee! Praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go on the hike!! It'll be great:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job guys - it is very cool to see the daily progress the team is making every day. I especially like the teamwork on the rope ladder - what an effort! We also really enjoy the time elapse videos - good job Eric and whomever may have helped you record and compile those - they will be a wonderful keepsake. Tell Bill I'm really looking forward to the second installment of "Suburbia Housewives Caught Working - Part II"! Bill is a very brave person... Probably going to be short lived, but tell him to enjoy it while he still can. I did put him on the prayer list at Alpha this morning!

    Bex - go on the hike tomorrow - when else are you going to have the chance??? You made it through an ear ache - how bad can a hike be? Besides, Eric will take care of you - I made him sign that contract last October... I can EMAIL the team a copy of it in case anyone wants to use it as a template for future prenuptial agreements. Usually that's done between a husband and a wife, but I've found it to be very useful between a father-in-law and son-in-laws...

    Keep up the good work guys! Love You! Dad K

    ReplyDelete