Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 3 | Mickey

God is so awesome. He never ceases to amaze me in how he works in and around us. First I would like to everyone to pray for my wife and her family. Her mamaw Schiefer passed away today unexpectedly. Please remember her and her dad. I only wish I was there for them, but I know I have a large church family that will be there for them. Riley, I hope you have a great week at camp, can’t wait to see you when I get back. Help take care of Sis for me. We had another storm last night and the thunder and lightning was right here with us. All of the kids have worked hard and have accomplished much. There is no doubt that this group could finish the Arc in these 5 days. They were able to get the second floor deck on today and were also able to get the first 12 feet of the decking boards on the sides of the Arc. They got all of the posts set for the teeter totter and they were also able to get the first 2 sets of posts set for the swing sets. I would also like to tell Ron that he has a wonderful wife and daughter. They both fit in so well here. Wish you were here with us. I will have to say that she hits the snooze button to many times in the morning, even though she blames that on you. We heard her alarm for almost an hour this morning as she was supposed to get and start breakfast. She has had a rough few days with her now being a city girl and having to do manual labor. She also needs blood pressure medicine after seeing Quinn climb up 16’ and balance herself on a decking board and work. Gina wanted to tie a rope around her waist. She could not stand to watch. She has been a blast. Thank you for allowing us to share in this experience with your family. Sam, thank you for allowing Cheryl and Courtney to come and join us on this adventure, we have several stories and pictures to share with you. They are such a good fit here and we consider them one of ours. We are still trying to figure out who Courtney gets the attitude from. In the first couple of days we have seen the look, the walk, and the attitude. Her walk when she is mad (as we call it her swagger) is quite funny. The weather has been great; God has blessed us with cool temperatures and great people to work with. Looking forward to the rest of the week and to see what he has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment