Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 4 | Quinn

Today was great. We had a nice break from work, and got to attend Sunday morning service. Although I only understood a few words, I really enjoyed seeing how a Haitian church differs from a church that I would attend at home. After service we ate brunch, and then got ready for the hike. The hike was very interesting to say the least. Let’s just say I almost passed out like 10 times. Downhill was straight down, then at the end of the trail that led to the river bed, we had to propel down a cliff with the help of our guide, Johnny. Johnny saved my life numerous times today, and for that I am very grateful. The waterfalls were amazing, and the water felt great. The hike up was difficult for me. We got separated from our guide, Johnny, and asked this native man for directions. He led us up roads and through the city and then asked us if we wanted to come to his house. That freaked us out a little, so we waited for Tyler to catch up with us. Finally, with the help of Tyler and the native, we found our way back to camp. I guarantee we will all be very, very sore tomorrow, but it was definitely worth the struggle to be able to experience what we experienced today. Love you Dad and Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment