Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 7 | Quinn

Today was both joyful and very depressing. I don’t even feel like I’ve been here for more than a day. The thought of leaving tomorrow is terrible. I’m going to miss this country so much, as well as the people I have met. On a joyful note, today I got to meet Ritchelle, my child I sponsored. It was an incredible experience. We gave her a little gift bag, and she was just overjoyed. I will never forget the look on her face when we put her little plastic necklace on her neck. When she and her family received the food box that we gave, they all just seemed overwhelmed with excitement. I am feeling very blessed right now, and I will never forget this experience. I am definitely coming back next summer, hopefully for longer than a week if possible. I thank God for this experience. It has truly been life changing. I have this feeling of such sorrow inside of me as I write this. The last thing I want to do right now Is leave, but all good things must come to an end. We leave the compound at 7 in the morning, then we fly out at noon. If all goes well, we will be back in Gassaway around 10 AM on Friday. Please pray for our travels, and pray for the team that is coming now. Love you Dad and Nick. I can’t wait to see you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Quinnywood! Haha. I am very happy that you all are having a great time. I miss and love you quinny. Have a safe trip home. I will be praying for you. - Hope

    ReplyDelete