Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 8 | Shawn Hunter

The trip down was fine. We had the quiet church van cause most slept the whole way. The first day in Haiti was very humbling. It is a beautiful country even though there are areas that are absolutely heartbreaking to see. Some homes are literally tin, wood scraps and tarps. We are blessed in the US! What is really neat is seeing the people sitting together, talking, laughing, and seemingly unaware of the poverty I’ve seen. We are also so spoiled in the US. Perhaps a little too busy to sit together, talk and laugh. I pray my values change. I pray my priorities change. Most of all, I pray ALL of our lives and hearts are changed. I’m making progress already…I have flat hair and it seriously is not bothering me! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment