Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 8 | Madison

Our trip from Daytona to Fort Pierce was great! We only drove about two hours while everyone else drove 14 and a half! The plane ride was fine. I was pretty nervous during take off. I was shaking pretty bad. I almost cried saying goodbye to my boyfriend, but I got over it pretty fast. I was really surprised at the amount of people that were on the plane to come to Haiti! When we landed, I felt really unwelcome. I really felt like they didn’t want me there. I’ve never felt more out of place when we were driving through town and everyone was staring at us. The trip all the way up here was only 11 miles, and it took us roughly an hour! I feel like I’m in a movie; like this stuff isn’t real, but it is most definitely real! The rubble and amount of garbage is unreal! The amount of work that needs done is more than you can even imagine. I’m very exited to meet everyone. I am also very interested in sponsoring a child. I would love to help the children get the education that they truly deserve. It’s going to be a very interesting week, but I’m anxious to see what God has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment