Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 8 | Tiara

Where to start, where to start!? Well we all have to start somewhere right. So first comes the trip up here. For all of you back home, driving for 14 ½ hours takes its tole on your body! My Gosh I didn’t know if my legs were going to be able to move for weeks! The Hotel was nice and cozy, which definitely helped. Saying goodbye to the ones I Love back home definitely had the tears rolling! I will miss them this entire duration of the trip. Next comes the landing in Port Au Prince. I was TERRIFIED!! I had a death grip on Allie’s backpack during the walk to our bus. I felt so helpless when surrounded by the native people of Haiti. The bus ride up here was an adventure in itself! Everywhere you went you saw the devastation of the earthquake, the many shops and markets-which I am ready to explore by the way, and all the people who call this land their home. The people here are really nice. So when I start working on the playground I will be perfectly happy working alongside them. I’m Anxious and Excited to see what God has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment